Why??? For pouring aviation grade fuel onto the growing pyre of my academic insecurity. I took my first NBME today and I did better than I thought I would. Granted, the rumor is that Form 1 is much easier than the actual exam. Then again, half of what I'm going off of is conjecture cooked up by the nut-jobs over on SDN who toss around their 120 hour study schedules, 260/99 scores, and junior AOA nominations like they're the second coming of MSG (just kidding RAG). The other half is being cooked up as I go.
At the half way point of this joyous process:
- I can say that I'm going to pass the exam...with a 95% confidence interval
- I have no idea where I actually stand...I cold barely pass I could do above average!
- I'm forgetting things that I've already studied...which doesn't bode well for the day before the exam.
- My self-confidence has wavered to a new low as you could probably tell by yesterday's post
- The undermining of my self-confidence is causing me to lose sleep
- Running, crappy TV, blogging, the Red Sox, and my girlfriend are the only things keeping me sane at this point
- June 23rd is going to cause more gray hair than it's worth. June 24th is going to be the best day of medical school...unless I tank