7.24.2007

ED Quote of the night: Why dating is a bad idea...

I got stuck running some scut for the nurses the other night (drawing blood, taking vitals) on a particularly busy night. One of the murses (who I thought was gay) pulls me to the side and asks if I can talk to patients yet...

Me:
Yes
RN: Good, I want you to go talk to this lovely young lady and then report back to me on why dating is bad. She's really cute...if it wasn't for the shame I would bring my family I would [naughty things]
Me: Ok...

So I go ahead and do my history taking thing...

Fairly gorgeous 21 y.o., 9/10 backpain for 3 days. Ran out of opiate of choice and needs more but isn't medically insured since her employment was terminated due to inability to perform her job due to backpain. Also treated for anxiety d/o with three different meds.

I report back to the murse:
Me: Dating is a bad idea because most beautiful women are insane.
RN: (Pointing to the meds on triage sheet) Very good, you're learning quickly. You take care of me, and I take care of you... (wink)


No comments: