9.17.2009

An indecent proposal

I'm drawing some blood from one of my little old ladies today...actually my own patient...bent over her bedside palpating her contracted, cachetic little arms to try and find ANY vessel that I can stick a 22 guage into.

LOL: Tell me that you love me...
Bostonian: Ok...Berta, do you even know who I am?
LOL: No...I thought you were my man.
Bostonian: Well we just met this morning, I think we're moving a little bit fast here.
LOL: (getting tearful) But I love you. Why won't you say that you love me?
Bostonian: Ok Berta, I love you.
LOL: Why won't you take me like you used to
Bostonian: Berta...do you even know who I am?
LOL: No...I thought you were my man...I love you
Bostonian: Sweetie, I'm just your doctor, you're going to feel a little pinch in your arm.
LOL: Ouch...why do you treat me so bad. Won't you take me like you used to???
Bostonian: I'm just here to get some blood...I'll see you tomorrow Berta.



No comments: